Weakness in the body is a common condition that affects many people from time to time. Weakness is generally defined as the lack of muscular strength so that even for basic tasks, you feel like you need to exert a tremendous amount of effort. Some of the symptoms that accompany this weakness include low appetite, difficulty focusing on tasks, inability to fall asleep and in some cases, excessive sweating.
This body weakness is caused by mineral and nutrient deficiency, insomnia, excessive alcohol intake and extremely strenuous physical activities. Emotional stress has also been linked to this weakness. Sometimes, people who experience this weakness may have a weak immune system or suffer from other underlying conditions whose symptoms include unrelenting fatigue.
Some of the conditions for which weakness is one of the symptoms include sleep disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes and diseases that affect the cardiovascular system. In such instances, it is very important to find the root cause of the weakness in order for a proper diagnosis and correct form of treatment. As such, the first step to make if you continually feel weak over a period of time is to get medical attention. After diagnosis to determine the specific condition, it is recommended to use the home remedies below as an adjunct treatment. Each of the home remedies indicated below has great benefits for the body in the natural management of weakness in the body.
1. Warm Milk:
Time Required: 10 Min
What You Need: 1 Glass of warm milk and 1 tablespoon of honey. 3 figs (optional).
Milk is considered an excellent remedy for managing body weakness because it is packed with Vitamin B. The B complex vitamins are a group of 8 vitamins that the body requires for metabolic processes that release energy. By increasing the amount of B vitamins, it is possible to increase energy levels in the body and help deal with the weakness. In addition to the high amounts of the B vitamins, milk is also an excellent source of calcium. Calcium is known for its ability to strengthen the bones and muscles and provide much needed stability.
Figs are a power house when it comes to providing the body with nutrients, and this contributes to energy metabolism in the body. The advantage of using the figs is that you have the option of either fresh or dried figs depending on what you have available. Add the figs as indicated in the steps below.
NOTE: This remedy is not recommended for anyone who suffers lactose intolerance.
- Stir in a tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm milk to sweeten it.
- Drink this glass at least twice daily until your body regains strength.
- If you opt to add figs to the milk, you need to boil the two together and then eat the mixture. Alternatively, soak the figs in the milk overnight and eat them the next day in the morning (preferably on an empty stomach).
Time Required: 10 Min
What You Need: 2 Ripe bananas. Alternatively, prepare a banana smoothie using preferred fresh fruits.
When your energy levels take a dip and you start feeling sluggish as a result of weakness in the body, you may want to take a banana or two. Bananas are a healthy remedy best known for their ability to give the body an energy boost. The fruit is rich in glucose, sucrose and fructose, the basic building blocks of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are a key part of one’s diet as they are broken down to provide the body with energy that is needed to facilitate body functions and physical activity.
Bananas are also very rich in Potassium, one of the mineral salts that are needed for energy production at the cellular level. The benefits of bananas do not end there as the fiber present helps prevent fluctuating levels of blood glucose which may sometimes be linked to weakness in the body. You may opt to eat the banana on its own or prepare a healthy smoothie for a glass of pure goodness.
- Eat two bananas whenever you feel the weakness start to check in. You may add some honey to strengthen the immune system too.
- Alternatively, prepare a banana smoothie with all your favorite fruits. These include avocados, ripe mangoes, pineapple and any of your preferred berries.
Time Required: 10 Min
What You Need: A handful of almonds. Alternatively, use almond nuts, couple of figs and some raisins in a bowl of warm water.
The next time you feel a bout of weakness coming over you, reach out for a handful of almonds to perk up your energy levels and help get relief. These delicious nuts are known for their high concentration of Vitamin E that not only increases the energy levels, but also fights the symptoms associated with weakness in the body. Additionally, the nuts are rich in Magnesium which plays a key role in metabolic reactions for energy production in the body.
Other benefits of using the almond nuts is that they help convert the key food groups (carbohydrates, fats and proteins) into sources of energy at the cellular level. The most important thing to note is that Magnesium deficiency may actually cause body weakness in some cases. There are two ways in which you may prepare the almonds: either roast them and eat them as they are, or soak them overnight alongside figs and raisins as outlined below. Figs are recommended for this remedy, thanks to their abundance of nutrients. Raisins are packed with energy and are a great lift-me-up for the body.
Soaking the Nuts Overnight:
- Place almond nuts, raisins and figs in a bowl containing warm water.
- Allow the mixture to soak overnight.
- The next morning, drain the water and set the nuts, figs and raisins aside.
- Drink this water on an empty stomach and follow through by peeling the nuts and chewing on them.
- Lastly, eat the nuts and raisins.
- Use this remedy whenever you experience weakness in the body.
Roast the Almonds:
- This second option is easy to use on the go. Simply roast the almond nuts over low heat until they are ready.
- Munch on the nuts when you need some reprieve from body weakness.
4. Get Moving:
Time Required: Varies depending on the mode of exercise.
What You Need: Appropriate exercise gear.
The sluggishness that accompanies weakness in the body is sometimes an indication that you need to get things moving. While this may seem to be contrary to the condition itself, it has great benefits for the body and helps manage body weakness. Gentle exercise routines help get rid of fatigue in the muscles.
When you go for long periods without physical activity, the absence of movement leads to muscle fatigue which then manifests as body weakness. Regular exercise has the advantage of strengthening the body, so the next time you feel weak, check to make sure that you have not slacked on your exercise routines. Below are some great suggestions on some of the ways to make exercise work for you.
Ideas on simple exercise routines that get rid of body weakness:
- Take some time to go brisk walking in the outdoors. Do this for at least 30 minutes daily and you will notice improvements on the body. Ideally, the symptoms will start to dissipate over a short period of time.
- Go ahead and practice gentle yoga techniques until your body adapts, after which you can go on to the more complex techniques.
- If the above two are not possible, practice gentle stretching especially after sitting for long periods of time. Stretching is very important because it helps ease tension in the muscles. Left unchecked, this tension does contribute to weakness in the body.
- Stretching is also recommended after exercising to prevent muscle cramping in different parts of the body.
5. A Ripe Mango:
Time Required: 10 Min
What You Need: A ripe mango.
One of the easiest ways to keep weakness in the body at bay is to eat fruits that help boost energy in a short period of time. A ripe mango is a perfect remedy in this case. This succulent fruit is packed with minerals, vitamins and antioxidants whose benefits in maintaining one’s health cannot be disputed. The antioxidants present are able to get rid of free radicals that abound when the body is weak while the vitamins aid in optimal metabolic reactions for energy production. Ripe mangoes are also rich in iron which is particularly helpful for those who suffer from anemia. Eat a ripe mango or, just like banana, opt to prepare a smoothie.
- Wash and cut the mango into sizable slices.
- You may add some honey to enjoy this refreshing remedy.
- The other option involves preparing a mango smoothie. Some of the fruits you may include in this remedy are bananas, avocados and strawberries.
- Simply clean the fruits before chopping and blending them.
6. Do Not Skip Breakfast:
Time Required: Varies depending on the specific food prepared.
What You Need: Healthy breakfast items.
In this day and age where the pace of life seems faster than it has ever been, it is easy to take breakfast for granted, not realizing the profound impact it has on your physical and mental state. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because, just as the name suggests, this is a meal that breaks the ‘fast’ the body has been through during sleep. By giving the body a great start to the day, you are better placed to get rid of weakness in the body. So important is this meal that nutritionists advise against skipping it even if you are trying to lose weight! Additionally, it is important that the breakfast is balanced and healthy.
- There are lots of healthy breakfast items to include, ranging from morning cereal to oats to healthy tubers that avoid fluctuation of blood glucose levels.
- Add eggs to your breakfast meals for some much-needed proteins as well as to strengthen the muscles and eliminate the body weakness.
- Make sure you include a generous serving of fruits too!
7. Peppermint Tea:
Time Required: 10 Min
What you Need: 1 Peppermint tea bag and 1 cup of hot water.
Peppermint tea is a diverse home remedy that has long been used to treat different conditions. In managing weakness in the body, the peppermint tea is especially effective where the condition is caused by poor appetite. Peppermint tea helps with an improved appetite and also plays a key role in getting rid of toxins from the body. Overall, this refreshing tea helps you feel much better. Prepare the tea as follows.
- Steep the teabag in the hot water and cover for 5 minutes.
- Drink this tea at least twice daily.
Other home remedies recommended for the natural treatment of weakness in the body include ginseng, probiotic yogurt and dates. In addition to these home remedies, it helps to get adequate sleep everyday by forming a sleeping routine. If there is no improvement after a considerable period of using the home remedies, consider getting a medical check-up to diagnose the condition further.