Forehead tanning is a common complaint among many people, simply because it is the appearance of a darkened skin colour that results from overexposure to the sun.
Many people who are get forehead tanning tend to have a lower self-esteem, and will often struggle with appearing in public for fear of appearing unattractive. The fact that a forehead tan appears on a part of the body that is very obvious proves to be a challenge for many people.
There are many products available in the market, many of which may not be able to do this without potential side effects. This is why it is recommended to use natural remedies for the elimination of forehead tanning. Not only are such options less likely to cause adverse reactions, they are often cheaper to source and certainly very affordable. Below are some of the options available for you if you are wondering how to get rid of forehead tanning.
1. Sugar and Lemon Juice Facial Scrub:
Ingredients: 1 Teaspoon each of granular sugar and lemon juice as well as warm water to rinse.
One of the simplest ways to eliminate tan on the forehead is to prepare this simple homemade scrub. The scrub contains sugar and lemon juice, two easy ingredients to get from your kitchen pantry. Sugar, preferably granular sugar, is preferred for its ability to exfoliate the skin.
This gets rid of dead skin cells, in the process eliminating the tan from the forehead. This reveals the skin’s new cells and helps phase out the darkened layers. Lemon juice is an excellent addition because of its bleaching properties.
When applied on the skin, the lemon juice helps lighten the skin. For this remedy to be effective, it helps to use regularly over a period of time. Below are the simple steps to follow when preparing this scrub.
- Mix equal amounts of the sugar and the lemon juice. The idea is to get a coarse paste that can be applied topically without falling off.
- Once the paste is ready, apply it on the skin.
- Massage the paste gently, working your way in circular motions for proper exfoliation. Make sure you do not scrub aggressively as this could actually cause irritation of the skin.
- Leave the paste on for 5 – 10 minutes and then rinse off using cool water.
- Do not use hot water post-exfoliation because the skin is sensitive at this time. It is for the same reason that you should not step out into the sun immediately after using this natural remedy. Failure to do so easily causes itching, irritation, and increases the skin’s sensitivity to sunlight, which only works to make the tan far more pronounced.
2. Turmeric and Raw Milk:
Ingredients: 1/2 A teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of raw milk, cotton ball and warm water to rinse.
The mixture of turmeric and raw milk is an effective remedy for getting rid of tanning on the forehead. The turmeric powder, just like lemon juice, has the ability to lighten the skin. This is imperative for getting rid of the tan.
Raw milk on the other hand, is recommended for its excellent skin cleansing properties. The presence of lactic acid in the milk aids in exfoliation and the elimination of dead skin cells. This combination is s easy as it is effective, so get yourself a simple remedy to deal with forehead tanning.
NOTE: You may want to use some cotton wool for application purposes as turmeric is a brightly coloured powder that easily stains.
- Add the raw milk to the turmeric and mix until you have a thick paste. You may add the ingredients proportionately depending on the extent of the tanning.
- Apply a thick layer of the paste on the affected part of the face, ensuring you massage in for proper absorption.
- Let the paste dry on the skin for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse off the remedy using warm water.
- Use this remedy twice daily until the tan is completely eliminated.
3. Oatmeal and Butter Milk Mask:
Ingredients: 1 Tablespoon of buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and warm water.
Use oatmeal and buttermilk to treat forehead tanning quickly. For many people, tanning is usually accompanied by inflammation and skin irritation. This is why oatmeal is added to the remedy. Its soothing properties ease the irritation and help to reduce the inflammation on the skin.
Buttermilk on the other hand, has similar properties to milk. Its rich enzymes play a key role in exfoliation of the skin and the elimination of dead skin cells. Used severally after the tanning appears, this remedy has been known to be effective in treating forehead tanning. Follow the simple steps below to prepare this mask.
- Add the buttermilk to the oatmeal and mix well. This allows you to get a mask that does not run off the skin. You may increase the ratios of the ingredients accordingly depending on the extent of the forehead tanning.
- Let the mask dry on the skin for 15 minutes or so. This allows the mask’s healing properties to act on the skin.
- Wash off the mask using warm water.
- Use this natural remedy twice daily. Seeing as it is also beneficial for the skin, you may consider adding it to your skin care routine.
4. Cucumber, Rose Water and Lime Juice:
Ingredients: 2 Tablespoons of cucumber juice, 1 tablespoon each of lime juice and rose water as well as warm water to rinse.
Wondering how to get rid of the unsightly tanning on your forehead with simple remedies? Here is a remedy that combines common kitchen ingredients for an amazing natural remedy. Use cucumber juice, rose water and lime juice, each with a range of healing properties.
Cucumber juice has a cooling effect on the skin, which is very much welcome for irritated skin following overexposure to the sun. Additionally, cucumber juice compliments the function of lime juice which is to lighten the skin and get rid of the tan.
Rose water has a soothing effect on the skin, which helps counter any irritation as a result of using lime juice. This is especially important for those with sensitive skin. Follow the simple steps below to prepare this remedy.
- Mix the cucumber and lime juices with the rose water.
- Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and dab it on the affected part of the skin.
- Do this until the entire forehead is covered with the remedy solution.
- Allow the solution to dry for half an hour.
- Rinse the remedy off using warm water.
- Apply this solution twice daily, and preferably once of these two times at night to allow the skin recover fast.
5. Raw Honey and Ripe Pawpaw:
Ingredients: 1 Tablespoon of raw honey, 1/2 cup of ripe pawpaw and cool water to rinse.
Tap into the goodness of raw honey and ripe pawpaw for the natural treatment of forehead tanning. Pawpaw is not only a delicious fruit, it is a popular home remedy for the natural treatment of different skin conditions. This fruit has powerful enzymes that allow for the process of skin exfoliation.
Additionally, the action of these enzymes on the skin helps eliminate blemishes and is important in getting rid of tanning that develops on the forehead. This helps repair the skin when used on a regular basis. Add honey to this remedy for its excellent moisturization properties. Following overexposure to the sun, the skin is typically dehydrated and prone to flaking.
Honey is a humectant, and this helps it to add and retain moisture on the skin. Prepare this remedy and use it on a regular basis. Once the tanning has been eliminated, you can incorporate this remedy to make it part of your regular skincare routine.
- Peel the ripe pawpaw and slice it in a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the ripe fruit until you have a paste-like mass. This should make it easy to apply on the skin.
- Add the honey to the mashed pawpaw and mix it evenly.
- Apply the remedy to your forehead, making sure you massage it in.
- Leave the remedy on for half an hour and then rinse off using cool water.
- Use the honey and pawpaw mix until the tanning disappears.
6. Yoghurt and Orange Juice Face Pack:
Ingredients: 1 Tablespoon of orange juice, 1 tablespoon of yoghurt, a piece of cotton wool and water to rinse.
Use yogurt and orange juice to get rid of sun tan on your forehead. This remedy is simple to prepare, and its excellent benefits nourish the skin in addition to getting rid of the tan. Orange juice is packed with Vitamin C that is required for fighting off blemishes on the skin. In doing so, it gets rid of the tan and brightens your skin tone. The orange juice also has skin-tightening properties that help restore its natural texture. Yogurt on the other hand, helps with exfoliation which smooths the skin.
- Mix the orange juice with the yogurt. You may vary the ratios depending on the consistency that you would like.
- Dab a piece of cotton wool in the mixture and use it to pat the mixture on the skin. Do this gently, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- As with the other remedies, let the remedy dry for about half an hour.
- Rinse the remedy using water. Repeat these simple directions until the tan is completely eliminated from your forehead.
7. Fuller’s Earth:
Ingredients: A teaspoon of Fuller’s earth, water/ rose water and cold water.
Fuller’s earth, sometimes referred to as multani mitti, is a common inclusion in skin care routines. This is because it is packed with antioxidants that help slow down the process of aging. The antioxidants fight off free radicals that cause skin damage. In effect, the Fuller’s earth improves the skin’s recovery from tanning and overexposure to sunlight. Prepare this simple mask by following the steps below. Water or rose water may be used to prepare the paste. Rose water is preferred for those with sensitive skin because it soothes the skin.
- Add just enough water to the Fuller’s earth so that you have a consistent paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and let it dry. It often feels as though the skin is been pulled apart, but this is perfectly normal.
- Once the mask dries up, rinse the skin using cold water.
- Use this remedy every other day. For glowing radiant skin, you may consider using this remedy at least once weekly as part of your weekly skin care routine.
8. Aloe Vera and Tomato Face Mask:
Ingredient: Freshly cut Aloe Vera leaf, 1 ripe tomato and water to rinse.
The combination of aloe vera gel and ripe tomatoes undoubtedly make one of the best home remedies for the treatment of forehead tanning. When the skin is dehydrated from overexposure to the sun, turn to aloe vera’s healing powers.
The gel that is sourced from the aloe vera leaf has a cooling effect when applied on the forehead. What’s more, the gel’s active ingredients reduce inflammation, thus helping get rid of the skin tan. Add tomatoes for their natural healing properties.
Tomatoes are packed with antioxidants which, as mentioned above, slow down the aging process. Tomatoes also help rejuvenate the skin, making them an excellent addition to the aloe vera gel.
- Squeeze the aloe vera gel from the edges of the freshly cut leaf and collect it in a bowl.
- Dice the tomato and add it to the collected gel.
- Mash the pieces of tomato and aloe gel until you have a mashed paste that you can apply topically.
- Leave the remedy on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Repeat until the tanning is eliminated.
Other home remedies that you can prepare include the pineapple and honey face mask, cabbage leaves to soothe the skin and eliminate the tan as well as gram flour. Remember to take preventive measures such as the application of sunscreen to reduce the risk of sunburns and tan marks. Remember to consult a dermatologist if there is no improvement or if the condition worsens.