Thick eyebrows are a unique fascination for many people across the globe, and for good reason. Thick fuller eyebrows are all the rage these days, and have become a fashion trend. The reason for this shift from pencil-thin and often skewed eyebrows is attributed to the fact that thick eyebrows transform your look with remarkable ease, all the while creating a signature appearance. Granted, some people are born with naturally thick and full eyebrows, while for a good number, it is key to add some volume to the eyebrows.
In some cases however, eyebrows thin or fall off as is seen in old people. Other causes include medical treatment as is the case in chemotherapy for cancer patients, medical conditions as well as specific nutritional deficiencies. The good news is that there are many different remedies that you can use to grow your eyebrows. The catch here is to ensure that you are consistent and patient, so do not expect any overnight results. Below are the remedies to look out for if you would like to increase the thickness of your eyebrows.
1. Egg Yolk:
Time Required: 20 Min
What You Need: 1 Egg, cotton swab, and warm water.
Eggs are a recommended home remedy for you if you would like to grow your eyebrows. This is because eggs are rich in proteins, the essential component in the synthesis of hair and eyebrows. By applying the egg on your eyebrows, you should be able to increase protein uptake which in turn enhances the growth of your eyebrows. This is a simple remedy that you can use everyday with ease.
- Crack one egg open and into a bowl where you will separate the egg white from the yolk which is what you need.
- Whip the yolk in order to get a creamy paste-like substance.
- Dip the cotton swab in the beaten yolk and apply on your eyebrows.
- Massage the yolk for 20 minutes, in gentle circular motions.
- Wash off the egg yolk with warm water. Use this remedy once daily until you are content with the resulting brow thickness.
2. Castor Oil:
Time Required: 10 Min preparation, anywhere between half and hour and overnight for application.
What You Need: 5 Drops of pure castor oil, cotton swab, warm water, and a mild facial cleanser.
Castor oil is one of the most effective home remedies for growing eyebrows. The oil boosts the growth of your brows by providing proteins which steer the growth of the hair as well as nourish the developing hair follicles. Castor oil is also beneficial because it is rich in antioxidants which helps get rid of radicals that prevent optimal growth of hair in the brows.
Note however, that castor oil may cause irritation in people with sensitive skin. For this reason, it is advisable to carry out a patch test first. If any irritation or burning sensation is experienced, make sure you cease using the oil, and choose from any of the other remedies listed here.
- Place 5 drops of castor oil in a bowl and soak your cotton swab in it.
- Apply the oil on your eyebrows using the soaked swab.
- Use your fingertips to gently massage the oil in.
- Leave the oil on the brows for at least 30 minutes. If you prefer to use this remedy at bedtime, you may leave the oil overnight for best results.
- Make sure you wash off the oil with warm water as it tends to be rather sticky. Use a mild facial cleanser for this step.
- Repeat this procedure once daily until your eyebrows show an improvement in thickness.
3. Aloe Vera Gel:
Time Required: 30 Min
What You Need: Freshly cut aloe vera leaf, cotton swab, and warm water to rinse.
Aloe vera gel is one of the most popular home remedies for growing eyebrows. In addition to enhancing the growth of the hair, it also prevents the regular fall out of the brow hair. It also moisturizes the hair and skin, adding a unique shine to the brow area. With almost no side effects, aloe vera gel is a must-use for anyone looking to grow thick eyebrows. While the gel of the freshly cut aloe vera leaf is preferred for its natural state, commercial aloe vera juice may be used in its place.
- Snap the fresh aloe vera leaf in its mid region and collect the gel that oozes out of the sides.
- Once you have collected an adequate amount of the gel, simply use the cotton swab to scoop some of it.
- Apply the gel on your brow hair, and massage for 10 minutes.
- Let the gel remain on the brow for another 10 minutes before rinsing using warm water. Repeat this procedure once daily for a few weeks until you are satisfied with the progress made.
4. Coconut Oil:
Time Required: 10 Min preparation, overnight application.
What You Need: 5 Drops of coconut oil, a warm bath, and warm water.
Coconut oil is a proven home remedy for growing eyebrows. This oil is laden with healthy fats and proteins which provide the nutrients required for the development of the hair follicles. Coconut oil is also rich in Vitamin E, which is essential for the maintenance of thick full eyebrows. An additional benefit of using coconut oil is that it also works for anyone who would like thick and dark eyebrows for that stunning appearance.
- Place 5 drops of the coconut oil in a shallow bowl and transfer to a warm bath. The purpose of the bath is to heat the oil indirectly so as not to destroy its structure, thus preserving its efficiency.
- Put a few drops of the oil on your fingertips and massage your brows with the oil for about 10 minutes. This works to improve the flow of blood to the brows, thus boosting hair growth.
- Leave the coconut oil on the brows overnight.
- Rinse the oil off the next day using warm water. If you use this remedy daily for up to 10 weeks, you are certain to note an improvement in the thickness of your brows.
5. Onion Juice:
Time Required: 40 Min
What You Need: 1 Small onion, knife, clean cloth, string, cotton swab, mild cleanser, and warm water.
Onions are best known for their culinary use and pungent smell, but if you look beyond this, you will find an incredible way to grow your eyebrows. Onions are rich in sulfur which plays a key role in enhancing the production of collagen and keratin, both compounds required for growth of brow hair. Regular use of onion juice has also been shown to improve the development of the hair follicles. With all these benefits, it is clear that the answer to thicker eyebrows may lay in your kitchen pantry.
- Peel the onion and clean well. You may want to place it in warm water (not what you will use to rinse after this remedy) to reduce tearing.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and place on the cloth.
- Tie two ends of the cloth using the string and then pull as hard as you can in opposite directions in order to squeeze the juice.
- Collect enough juice in a bowl before placing the cotton swab in it.
- Apply the juice to your eyebrows using the cotton swab and allow to dry on its own. Take care that the onion juice does not enter your eyes as this could cause irritation.
- Once dried, wash your brows using the mild cleanser and warm water. Use this remedy once daily over the course of a few weeks to grow your eyebrows naturally.
Time Required: 30 Min
What You Need: Quarter cup of milk, cotton ball, and warm water.
Milk is rich in proteins and other nutrients, and this is what makes it an ideal choice for the growth of thick eyebrows. Nutrients present in milk nourish the hair follicles, which in turn enhances the growth of the hair. This is a simple remedy, and for its efficiency, you can always add it to your morning skin care routine.
- Soak the cotton ball in the milk and squeeze the excess milk.
- Use the milky cotton ball to massage your brows gently.
- Let the milk remain on the brow region for about 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Use this remedy daily until you notice an improvement in the thickness of your brows.
7. Petroleum Jelly:
Time Required: 5 Min
What You Need: Petroleum jelly
One of the simplest ways to enhance the growth of your eyebrows is to ensure that they remain moisturized. There is no better way to do this than to apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly throughout the day. This not only prevents dehydration of the brow region, it also keeps the eyebrows aligned for an effortless and almost perfect look. This choice of remedy has the advantage of use anywhere anytime of the day.
- Using your forefinger, scoop some petroleum jelly and apply on your eyebrows to create a thin layer that is not too obvious. Use this remedy severally daily.
8. Olive Oil:
Time Required: 30 Min
What You Need: 5 Drops of olive oil and a cotton swab.
Olive oil has a high concentration of Vitamin E, which is usually referred to as the beauty vitamin, and for good reason. Vitamin E helps ensure that brow hair grows very fast, and retains its fullness. The result is thick and well-shaped brows. If you would like dark-hued brows while at it, this is your go-to remedy.
- Place the olive oil on the cotton swab so that there is just enough for application.
- Dab the cotton swab on both brows and massage using your fingertips. Use olive oil at least twice daily for improved results.
9. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice:
Time Required: 30 Min
What You Need: 1 Lemon, manual juicer, cotton wool, and warm water.
Lemon is a natural remedy for a host of beauty procedures, and the growth of thicker eyebrows is no exception. Lemon contains citric acid which acts as an exfoliant, thus getting rid of accumulated dead cells in the brow region. In addition to its acidic properties, the fruit’s vitamins nourish the hair roots and promote the growth of the brow hair. Lemon juice may be mixed with any of the aforementioned oils for a double punch of the effective remedy.
- Rub the lemon on your working surface to improve the release of the juice.
- Wash the lemon well and slice before juicing manually.
- Use the collected lemon juice to soak the cotton wool.
- Squeeze to get rid of the excess juice and dab the cotton wool on the brows.
- Leave the juice on the brows for 20 minutes and follow this up with warm water rinse. Use this remedy daily to improve the growth of your eyebrows.
NOTE: Avoid staying in the sun immediately after using the lemon remedy as this easily causes the bleaching of the brow hair, giving it a lighter hue and different appearance altogether.
10. Almond Oil:
Time Required: 30 Min
What You Need: Almond oil and a cotton ball.
Almond oil is also recommended as a choice remedy for the improved growth of eyebrows. This is because it is packed with Vitamin E which, as mentioned above, plays a key role in boosting the growth of hair on the brow region. Regular use of almond oil gives volume to your brow hair as well as improves your overall facial features.
- Place the almond oil on the cotton swab so that there is just enough for application.
- Dab the cotton swab on both brows and massage using your fingertips. Use almond oil at least twice daily for improved results.
Other home remedies that you can use to grow your eyebrows include fenugreek + almond oil paste, coco-lemon ( a mixture of coconut oil and fresh lemon peels) as well as a host of essential oils. These oils include thyme oil, lavender oil as well as sandalwood oil among others. Using remedies goes hand in hand with a balanced diet that provides adequate nutrients for proper growth of your brow hair. As far as beauty routines are concerned, if you would like well-defined eyebrows, make sure you get them done by a professional. This not only avoids over-plucking, it also allows you to check on the progress you have made.