Blood cleansing, by definition, is the process through which toxins are removed from the blood in order to boost the immune system, prevent disease as well as achieve overall body wellness. This is very important for the simple reason that blood plays a fundamental role in the body, and its health is directly linked to one’s overall health.
Some of the functions of blood include the transportation of oxygen and nutrients to the different parts of the body, the removal of waste and toxins as well as defense mechanism due to the presence of the white blood cells. For this reason, it is very important to ensure that blood is cleansed regularly.
Generally, keeping the kidneys and liver in optimal health is one of the most reliable and efficient methods of natural blood cleansing. While these are the major organs that are concerned with cleaning of blood, there are also a number of organs that are involved with waste elimination from the blood in circulation. These include the skin, lungs and intestines in the gut system. This is why it is vital to ensure the body systems remain healthy and functional, yet this is not always the case.
Some of the factors that predispose someone to toxin accumulation in the body include exposure to pollutants, lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating patterns as well as the use of certain medication. All of these factors affect the health of the blood, and this is why it is important to use natural remedies to help the body get rid of toxins. Below are some of the remedies recommended for blood cleansing alongside the recommended method of preparation.
1. Raw Garlic:
Time Required: 15 Min
What You Need: Raw garlic, a grater/pestle and mortar and 1 glass of warm water. 1/ 2 a Lemon (optional).
One of the best home remedies for blood cleansing is raw garlic, a potent natural remedy that is recommended thanks to its active ingredients. This is because it is rich in sulfur, one of the body’s greatest arsenals in the elimination of toxins. Additionally, garlic also acts as a powerful antimicrobial which destroys bacteria in the body and aid in the purification of blood during circulation. In fact, different studies done indicate that garlic is so powerful, it can aid in the elimination of heavy metals present in the blood.
Its antioxidant properties make garlic a great remedy or liver protection against free radicals which hamper the optimal function of the liver and kidneys. Another advantage of using garlic is that it may be used in its raw form, or its supplemental form depending on one’s preferences. Note however, that for the latter, it is important to let your doctor know especially if you are on medication. Follow the simple directions outlined below to get the most out of garlic as a home remedy for blood cleansing. Simply adding more garlic to your diet is an easy way of using it as natural medicine.
- Peel the garlic and clean it before preparation.
- You may either grate the whole garlic cloves or mince them before consumption. This is the most important step because allicin, the sulfur-based active ingredient is only activated when the raw garlic is cut or crushed.
- Let the grated/minced garlic stand for some 10 minutes or so. This is done to enhance the allincin’s potency.
- You may either chew on the raw garlic or add it to a glass of water if you cannot stand its smell. The use of lemon is optional as it helps get rid of the garlic’s pungent smell.
- Take this remedy thrice daily.
- You may also use garlic supplements.
Time Required: 10 Min
What You Need: Freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 glass of water. 1 tablespoon of honey (optional).
Lemon fruits are excellent blood cleansers, and are a popular home remedy. Lemons are known to have a very high concentration of Vitamin C, which is what is required for the cleansing of blood in circulation within the body. Vitamin C not only improves the response of and builds up the immune system, it also improves the liver’s ability to produce glutathione. Glutathione is a type of protein that helps eliminate harmful toxins from the body.
Additionally, lemon’s mild acidity allows for the optimal production and function of key enzymes required for the process of detoxification. More importantly, this creates an alkaline environment that makes it difficult for foreign bodies and toxins to survive. Make lemon juice a regular part of your diet if you would like to carry out blood cleansing naturally with minimal or no side effects.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to your drinking water and drink in the morning. It is advisable to do this on an empty stomach in order to ensure maximum absorption.
- You may add a tablespoon of honey to sweeten the mixture.
3. Echinacea Herb:
Time Required: 20 Min
What You Need: 3 ml of Echinacea extract and homemade juice. You may also use dried echinacea root and 2 cups of boiling water
Echinacea is an excellent blood cleanser, and one of the top remedies recommended for getting rid of toxins from the body. The herb has diverse uses for the natural treatment of different health conditions. At the heart of these uses is the herb’s ability to keep the body healthy and toxin-free. Research indicates that Echinacea promotes the production of white blood cells in the blood. These cells are integral in fighting toxic substances, harmful chemicals and bacteria in the body. The directions below outline the process of preparing the herb in two ways: either by using the extract and juice or by preparing its tea using the root.
Using the Extract
- Add 3ml of the herb extract to a glass of fresh homemade juice.
- Stir the mixture and drink it at least twice daily.
Using the root to prepare Echinacea Tea
- Take 2 grams of the Echinacea rot and place in a cup.
- Add water to fill the cup and then transfer to a pan.
- Add another cup of water and bring the mixture to boil in order to get the most out of the herb’s ingredients.
- Let the mixture steep for about 20 minutes before straining.
- Take a cup of Echinacea tea thrice daily.
- You may refrigerate the tea and heat it before drinking at a later hour.
NOTE: Echinacea is also available in other forms such as tablets, capsules, extracts and ointments.
What You Need: 1 Inch of dried burdock root, 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cup of Echinacea tea (optional).
Burdock is yet another home remedy whose natural blood-cleansing properties make it one of the most popular home remedies for this. In fact, this herb has long been used in Ancient Chinese Medicine to enhance blood circulation and aid in the detoxification of blood. Research indicates that burdock is commonly used to purify blood, and it achieves this by increasing the amount of urine excreted. This in turn, increases the body’s ability to get rid of toxins and cleanse the blood. Another health benefit of using burdock is its ability to manage pain and inflammation that may result from excessive accumulation of toxins in the body.
- Prepare an infusion using Burdock root by placing the dried root in a cup of boiling water and allowing it to steep for 15 minutes.
- This allows the herb’s active ingredients to pass into the water.
- After 15 minutes, remove the root and allow the infusion to cool for a few minutes.
- Pass the infusion through a strainer and drink this remedy thrice daily.
- You may also mix equal amounts of the burdock infusion with the echinacea tea for double the benefits of these excellent herbal remedies.
- Use some honey to sweeten the mixture naturally and drink thrice daily.
- The other alternative is to prepare fresh burdock root in vegetables or salads.
- Simply boil the root until it is just about tender.
- Do not over boil it until it becomes too soft as this leads to nutrient loss.
- Serve the boiled root hot or cold depending on your preferences.
- Use a vinegar-based dressing to compliment the root’s taste and eat your way to a healthier body.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Time Required: 10 Min
What You Need: 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 glass of water.
One of the most amazing natural remedies for blood cleansing and detoxification is apple cider vinegar (herein abbreviated as ACV). ACV, preferably that which is raw and organic, is rich in antiseptic properties that not only keep infections at bay, but also helps eliminate toxins from the body. It is fascinating to note that while ACV is acidic in nature, its consumption and metabolism in the body actually creates an alkaline environment.
Pathogens and foreign bodies cannot survive in an alkaline environment, and this effectively helps clean the blood and get rid of impurities. ACV’s acidity also helps to balance out pH levels in the body, allowing for the optimal function of organs involved in blood cleansing. Studies show that ACV is also rich in antioxidants that get rid of free radicals and help boost kidney and liver function while increasing the production of antioxidant enzymes.
- Place two tablespoons of the ACV in a glass of water and stir.
- Take this remedy once daily to help your blood get rid of toxins.
6. Turmeric Tea:
Time Required: 20 Min
What You Need: 1 Teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1/ a teaspoon of ground black pepper and 1 glass of water
Turmeric is well known for its culinary use, but did you know you can easily incorporate this herbal remedy into your arsenal of natural blood cleansers? Turmeric is rich in a natural compound known as curcumin. Curcumin is a natural antioxidant which, when present in the body, enhances the production of detoxifying enzymes. Consequently, this improves the elimination of toxins from the blood. Black pepper is added to the remedy during preparation because research shows that its presence increases the bioavailability of turmeric in the body with great benefits. There are a number of ways of using turmeric herb to cleanse blood, among them adding the herbal spice to one’s diet, adding it to smoothies and preparing turmeric tea as indicated in the simple steps below.
- Mix the turmeric powder with the ground black pepper in an empty glass.
- Pour in the glass of hot water and stir.
- Drink this mixture twice daily for blood cleansing.
- Other options available include the addition of the turmeric to smoothie bowls as well as cooking with this spice.
Time Required: 10 Min
What You Need: 1 Teaspoon of Dandelion coffee, 1 cup of hot water and honey to sweeten.
Dandelion may be viewed as an annoying weed in the garden, but did you know that this is one of the most potent blood cleansers available in the world of natural remedies? Just like the other aforementioned home remedies, dandelion has excellent benefits for the body as it aids liver and kidney function in the purification process.
Part of the reason for this is that dandelion is rich in antioxidants that help eliminate free radicals in the blood. The herb achieves this by acting as a diuretic, that is a substance which increases the volume of urine produced. As a result of this action, dandelion helps flush the toxins and prevents their accumulation in the blood. Prepare dandelion coffee by following the simple directions below.
- Purchase dandelion coffee from your nearest health store. The advantage of using dandelion coffee is that it is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Place a teaspoon of the coffee in a cup and pour in hot water.
- Stir to dissolve completely and drink this twice daily.
- You may add some honey to sweeten the tea.
8. Broccoli Sprouts:
Time Required: Varies depending on method of preparation.
What You Need: Broccoli sprouts
Broccoli is one of the green vegetables that is known to be rich in nutrients, and which enhances optimal liver function. Broccoli sprouts are an even better option as they are laden with more nutrients that aid in blood cleansing. Notably, the sprouts have a higher concentration of sulfurophane.
This is a powerful detoxifying agent that is very effective in removing harmful toxins from the blood circulation. As a general guide, a little goes a long way as far as broccoli sprouts are concerned. Additionally, you may either get the sprouts from a grocery store or prepare your own using the seeds. Below are some of the ways in which you can use this super food.
How to use your Broccoli Sprouts
- Prepare a salad by simply adding the sprouts to your salads for a delicious twist and a nutrient-filled snack. The flavorful result may just make these sprouts your go-to blood cleanser.
- Make a sprout sandwich and top up with tomatoes and homemade mayonnaise on whole wheat bread. The sprouts are an excellent alternative to lettuce.
- Use broccoli sprouts to prepare stir-fried vegetables for a delicious and quick meal. Add the sprouts after frying to maintain their crunchiness and texture.
- Lastly, you may add the broccoli sprouts to your green smoothies right before blending for a deliciously healthy drink that helps purify your blood.
Other home remedies which may be used as blood cleansers include bitter gourd whose antioxidant properties help cleanse the blood, parsley which is known for its diuretic properties as well as blueberries which are packed with antioxidants. Neem leaves have also been used as blood cleanser for a period of time as they are rich in antioxidants that help eliminate toxins and free radicals from the blood stream. It is important to note that in severe cases of blood poisoning, immediate medical attention must be provided.