Aloe vera juice is one of the most versatile home remedies in the natural treatment of different conditions. This has earned it the name ‘Mother Nature’s gifts’, making it one of the most popular options available. For this reason, most people are aware of aloe vera’s immense benefits on the skin, including its ability to fasten wound healing, its use in treatment of mild burns as well as to provide relief from itching and irritation.
What many may not be aware of are the great health benefits of consuming aloe vera in juice form. Recent studies show that aloe vera helps boost the immune system, thus making the body far less predisposed to infections and diseases. In addition to this, the oral consumption of aloe vera juice is known go a long way in stabilizing blood glucose levels, and this makes it safe for many diabetics.
Additional benefits of aloe vera juice include:
– providing relief from mild constipation by easing the process of digestion.
– provide relief from tummy aches and mild acid production.
– soothing redness that affect the internal lining of the digestive system.
– support memory and enhancing learning capacity.
– promotes satiety, thus helping with the process of weight loss.
– improves collagen formation thus helping the body to maintain firm healthy skin.
– lowers cholesterol levels in the body while promoting a healthy lipid profile.
Part of the reason why aloe vera is such a resourceful home remedy is because it is packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Despite the fact that aloe vera is ingested, most of its nutrients are able to pass through the system and absorbed by the body for the range of benefits outlined above. It is fascinating to note that even through this method of use, aloe vera still has great benefits of the skin that compliment its topical application.
The advantage of using aloe vera juice is that it masks the otherwise unpleasant taste of fresh aloe vera. At the core of aloe vera’s benefits is the fact that it is natural and safe for internal use. If however, you have any pre-existing conditions that cast doubt on the internal use of aloe vera juice, feel free to share your concerns with your doctor.
NOTE: While aloe vera has great benefits for the body, its use must be moderated. Do not get too carried away because when taken in excess, the presence of aloin as one of the active ingredients may create a harsh laxative effect. The frequency of the same must also be monitored because in excess, the juice can trigger an imbalance in the body’s electrolyte levels.
Listed below are 5 great ways to enjoy the benefits of aloe vera juice.
1. Raw Aloe Vera Juice:
What You Need: A freshly cut aloe vera leaf, a grinder, filter paper and a refrigerator. A natural sweetener such as honey or stevia (this is optional, but highly recommended)
- Take the aloe vera leaf and clean it before using it in this procedure.
- Get rid of the outer skin, which is the green part. Use a sharp knife or sterile blade for this purpose to allow for maximum juice production.
- After removing the outer green part, place the exposed aloe which includes the aloe latex and the gel combined in a grinder.
- Grind the naked aloe until you have a mass with pulp-like consistency.
- Remove the pulp from the grinder and transfer to a filter.
- This step should allow you to separate the pulp from the juice. The filtering process also allows the juice to collect in a cup.
- Discard the residue left behind after you have collected all the juice.
- Make sure you refrigerate the juice immediately after.
- Take a teaspoon of the juice daily, preferably half an hour before mealtimes for proper absorption.
- You may opt to add a natural sweetener as the taste of aloe vera on its own can be rather bitter. Stevia is also an excellent alternative for sweetening the juice.
2. Prepare Aloe Vera Lemonade:
What You Need: Freshly cut aloe vera leaves, a blender, 1 lemon, a juicer, a blender and a handful of ice cubes.
There is nothing like a refreshing glass of aloe vera lemonade to chase away the summer heat while enjoying the immense health benefits of aloe vera. The directions below are both easy to follow and quick to prepare.
- Take the freshly cut aloe vera leaves and peel to get rid of the outer layer. This layer is easy to spot because it is the green layer.
- Once the green layer has been eliminated, what is left behind is the yellow aloe vera latex.
- Collect the gel in a small container.
- Take two tablespoons of the fresh gel and place in a blender. Set aside to prepare the lemon juice.
- Clean the lemon first and proceed to roll it on a clean working surface. The purpose of doing so is to ensure that the fibers within the fruit are stimulated for maximum juice production.
- Add all the lemon juice to the blender and blitz the two until they are completely mixed.
- Pour a glass of the aloe vera lemonade and add a few ice cubes to top up.
- Enjoy the refreshing goodness of aloe vera using this simple recipe.
3. Prepare a Smoothie Using Aloe Vera:
What You Need: 1 Medium sized aloe vera leaf, freshly cut, Half of each of the following: green apple, cucumber and lemon. You will also need 2 celery sticks, a small piece of ginger, 1 small cup of coconut water and ice cubes.
This is a healthy twist for the preparation of aloe vera juice, and is perfect if you are looking to add onto the health benefits of the plant’s juice. By incorporating an apple, kiwi and celery sticks, you are able to add to the fiber load of the smoothie making it an ideal option for vegetarians as well. The inclusion of ginger adds a refreshing twist to this smoothie. The preparation process takes just about half an hour.
- Start by washing the aloe vera leaf alongside all the fruits and vegetables. This is an important step as it helps get rid of topical dirt.
- Chop the fruits into bite-size pieces and place them in the blender.
- Do the same for the vegetables and mix in the blender.
- Roll the lemon between the palms of your hands to ensure maximum juice production.
- Squeeze the juice manually directly into the blender.
- Clean the piece of ginger before cutting and crushing using a pestle and mortar. This not only makes it easy to blend the herb, it also increases the surface area for the mixing of ginger’s active ingredients.
- Put the crushed ginger into the blender as well, followed by the coconut water.
- Lastly, add the ice and blitz the mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Drink the smoothie at least once daily to get the best of aloe vera’s benefits in a delicious glass.
4. Fruit Smoothie with Aloe Vera:
What You Need: 1 Small aloe vera leaf, 1 cup each of fruits and coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of desiccate coconut and some fresh basil.
Prepare a bowl of fruit smoothie goodness using some of the most delicious additions to enjoy the health benefits of aloe vera. Coconut milk adds a unique texture to the smoothie while basil adds a much needed herbal twist to the aloe vera juice. Here is how to prepare the simple remedy.
- Clean all the ingredients before starting on the preparation process.
- Place the mixed ingredients in the blender and blitz until you have the perfect consistency.
- Pour the smoothie and serve in a bowl.
- Drink at least once daily.
5. Take Aloe Vera Juice With a Tropical Burst of Freshness:
What You Need: 1 Tablespoon of fresh aloe vera juice, 1 small carrot, 1 fresh apple, 2 cups of sliced pineapple, 1/2 a cup of coconut milk and 1 slice of watermelon. You will also need a couple of ice cubes for that refreshing punch.
What is better than the goodness of aloe vera juice? That has to be aloe vera juice served the tropical way, with some of the most delicious fruits. Here is a great way to enjoy the benefits of aloe vera juice.
- Get rid of the outer layer on the aloe vera leaf – this is the green part located on the outer skin. You will be left behind with the inner skin that has a characteristic yellow coloration.
- Collect the gel that oozes from the leaf in a small jar.
- Take a tablespoon of the aloe vera gel and place in in the blender.
- Chop the fruits into bite-size pieces and add to the gel in the blender.
- Pour in the coconut milk and the ice.
- Blend the mixture until you have a consistent smoothie.
- Drink it at least once daily.
NOTE: That before preparing aloe vera juice using any of this recipes, it is extremely important to make sure that you do not have any allergic reactions to aloe vera juice. In fact, you may need to carry out a skin patch test first before consuming aloe vera juice. As a general guide, allergic reactions to garlic indicate a likelihood of reacting to aloe vera. Remember to consult your doctor if you have any concerns about aloe vera gel.